- Plumbing Installation
- Plumbing Repair
- Water Heater Installation
- Water Heater Repair
- Natural Gas Conversion
- Natural Gas Piping
- Garbage Disposals
- Septic Systems
- Water Treatment
- Backflow Preventer Certification and Testing
- Leak Detection
- Video Pipe Inspection
- Trenchless Sewer & Water Main Replacement
- Heating Installation
- Heating Repair
- Boiler Installation and Replacement
- Boiler Repair and Maintenance
- Furnace Installation and Replacement
- Furnace Repair and Maintenance
- Heat Pump Installation and Replacement
- Heat Pump Repair and Maintenance
- Radiant Heat Installation and Replacement
- Radiant Heat Repair and Maintenance
- Oil to Natural Gas Conversion
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Geothermal Heating
- Energy Recovery Ventilation (ERVs)
- Zone Control Systems
- Air Cleaners and Filtration
- Maintenance Programs
Leak Detection in the Deptford Township, NJ Area
Water from leaking pipes can cause significant damage to your home and property. An undetected leak beneath a floorboard or inside a wall can destroy drywall, joists, molding, furniture, and carpets. Even when a homeowner sees the water damage from the leak, finding the source is not always easy.
The Deptford Township, NJ leak detection experts at SPS Mechanical Inc. have the training and equipment to quickly locate the source of the leak. That’s important because the evidence of the leak – such as a puddle, a stain on the ceiling, or crumbling drywall – may be far away from the actual source of the leak. Our certified plumbers know how to avoid causing unnecessary damage searching for the broken pipe or joint. They locate the source as efficiently as possible and perform a repair that’s durable to provide lasting results.
Call 856-467-0527 for Leak Detection in Southern New Jersey, Delaware Valley, and the Southeast Pennsylvania area.
or click here to contact us
Sources of Plumbing Leaks
Plastic pipes used for plumbing can also fail. The junctures of the pipes may not have been cemented properly, or the pipes may have been misaligned or not cut correctly. In some instances, the installer may have cracked a plastic pipe, but patched it with cement. Over time, the patch may come loose. Be sure to have one of the professional plumbers at SPS Mechanical Inc. inspect your entire plumbing system at least once a year to help stop leaks before they become a major expense
Leak Detection Tips and Hidden Warning Signs
Not all plumbing leaks are easy to detect. Some of the hidden warning signs of plumbing leaks include:
- Increased water bill – A sudden, unexpected increase in your water bill could be a sign of a water leak, particularly an outdoor leak where the excess water is being absorbed into the soil and not being detected.
- Mold and mildew odor – Wood and wood fiber housing products that are constantly saturated will eventually begin to rot or promote the growth of mold and mildew. If you notice an unusual, slightly unpleasant odor that never goes away, even after cleaning, there could be mold and mildew growing beneath a sink or behind a wall, which is a sure sign of a plumbing leak.
- Dampness and Water Stains Around the Foundation – If the foundation of your house seems to have a damp spot that never goes away, particularly if it’s near a hose bib or outlet, there could be a leak in the water line coming into your home.
Our plumbers are here to help, so call us any time if you have questions.
Leak Repair in Deptford Township, NJ
Call SPS Mechanical Inc. for a comprehensive leak detection and repair service. We will inspect your home and property. If there’s a leak, we’ll find it and give you precise information about next steps. Most of the time, we’ll be able to immediately fix the leak. But if it requires a more extensive repair, we’ll explain what must be done in language you can understand and give you an honest, accurate estimate of the work.
If you live in an older home, or if you haven’t had any plumbing work done in a while, you should have a professional plumber inspect your home and property for signs of potential leaks. The best way to handle any leak is to fix it before it gets worse, so call SPS Mechanical Inc. today for all your Deptford Township, NJ leak detection needs!