An option for home comfort during the colder months that has started to gain popularity in New Jersey is radiant floor heating. Radiant floor heating takes the idea of using heat radiating from an object to provide warmth to a new level of comfort. Hydronic or electric heating elements installed in the floor transfer warmth directly into your home.
You’ll understand why radiant floor heating has become so popular when you look over these advantages:
- Energy efficiency: Compared to most heating systems on the market, radiant heating uses less energy to provide a comfortable indoor temperature. There is less heat loss because of the absence of ducts and exhaust pipes, making it easier to heat your home so you won’t need to keep the heating on as long.
- Excellent comfort: Radiant heating doesn’t just heat up your home more efficiently—it provides heat that feels better. With radiant floor heating, you’ll no longer have cold feet even while the rest of you gets warm. People with radiant heating often find they are comfortable at lower settings, which can mean less energy use.
- Improved health: Floor heating systems do not use forced air the way that furnaces do. With forced air, there is always a risk of circulating airborne contaminants. But the warmth from radiant heat doesn’t carry the risk of spreading dust, dirt, or mold, making it ideal for homes with pets or people with allergies.
- Quiet operation: Without fans running, radiant heating does its job almost silently.
- Visually unobtrusive: If installed correctly, a radiant heating system is almost invisible. This not only looks pleasant and makes your home easier to decorate, it also saves floor space.
Although radiant heating offers some terrific benefits, it doesn’t work ideally for every home. It also requires extensive installation work. If you’re curious about getting a radiant floor heating system installed, you should consult an HVAC expert to inspect your home to see if the available systems are a good fit for it.
SPS Mechanical can handle the work needed to get you a quality radiant heating installation. We can take care of all your Haddonfield, NJ heating needs, so contact us today to set up an appointment.