If you’re the owner of an air conditioner, then anxiety about the lifespan of your system is something you’re familiar with. We know that technology doesn’t last forever, and the technology that does, is incredibly expensive. That’s why it’s important to be conscious of when you should repair your system and when it’s finally time for a replacement.
It’s time to stop the worrying and start getting things figured out! Our blog post today is all about helping to support our customers who might be worried or anxious about the condition their system is in. If it’s time (or near time) to start thinking about replacement, then this is the blog for you.
There are a few key factors that weigh heavily when evaluating the condition of an air conditioner in Deptford Township, NJ. After reading this blog, some of those factors should be pretty clear!
Signs You Need AC Repair
Let’s first talk about ways you can tell that your air conditioner needs a quick fix.
If you’re encountering a problem for the first time, like a strange noise or lukewarm air coming from the vents, then you’re likely not in the range for AC replacement yet. An air conditioner is going to require repairs at least a few times throughout its life, so this can be a natural occurrence over years of wear and tear. Luckily, our team can evaluate the problem, diagnose it correctly, and give you a thorough estimate so you’re not surprised by any of the work we perform.
However, keep reading to find out if your air conditioner requires more extensive measures.
Reasons for AC Replacement
If your air conditioner involves one of the following points, then it might be time to think about replacement. We’re not trying to push replacement as a sales tactic, but rather because it’s honestly one of the best long-term solutions for your home comfort. Nothing does the job like an AC replacement when you’re dealing with things like inefficiency or frequent repair needs.
- Age. Air conditioners are only designed to last between 10-15 years in age. Anything beyond this is just based on luck. If your system has reached its 10-year birthday, then we encourage you to start looking at other high-efficiency air conditioning systems to take its place.
- Inefficiency. An air conditioner that costs too much to run every month is what we would call “inefficient.” Inefficiency can be the sign of a problem that needs repair, but consistent inefficiency can also mean that your system is worn down and requires replacement.
- Uncomfortable temperatures. Your air conditioner needs to be able to cool your entire home properly. If it’s not, then you should consider replacing it with a system that can.
- Frequent issues. Frequent repair needs, like multiple times a year, mean that certain components have reached their threshold and are falling apart.
- An expensive problem. Here’s a good rule of thumb, if your air conditioner has a repair need that costs half or more of the cost that a new AC replacement would cost, then you should always go with the replacement.
For comprehensive AC replacement, call SPS Mechanical Inc. Comfort At Your Service!