Installing a new furnace is a great opportunity to increase your comfort, as well as the energy efficiency and reliability of your hating system. With so many types of systems and fuels to choose from, it can be a bit overwhelming when it comes to deciding upon a new heating installation in Woodbury. There are some initial steps to take before choosing a new heating system, and we’ll outline a couple of these below. It’s important to remember that trained professionals aren’t just available for help with your installation; they also have expertise that can help you choose an excellent heating system for your home. For over 20 years, SPS Mechanical Inc., has helped multiple customers with new heating installations, so if you are ready for a new heating system, call us today.
Today’s furnaces are very energy efficient, but to best understand how energy efficient a particular furnace will be is to check its AFUE rating. AFUE stands for annual fuel utilization efficiency and is the measure of a furnace’s efficiency in converting fuel to energy. For example, a furnace with an AFUE of 85% means that 85% of the fuel the furnace consumes is used to heat your home; the other 15% turns into exhaust that is vented out the flue. The AFUE rating can help you determine just how energy efficient a unit you need and want for your home, so it’s important to review the AFUE rating of any new furnace before purchasing.
Having a system that isn’t correctly sized, whether it’s too big or small, can cause problems and compromise your comfort. To avoid this, it’s important to properly calculate the correct heating load of your home. The following factors should be included:
- Floor plan
- Number of occupants
- Number of rooms
- Types and number of windows and doors
- Square footage
- Orientation of your home
- Insulation levels
Installing a new heating system for your home in Woodbury can help improve your comfort and energy efficiency, but only when you have the right help. Call SPS Mechanical Inc. today and schedule an appointment with one of our installation experts.